Treasures in Heaven St Patricks Day Craft
The Fervent Mama uses Affiliate Links. See our disclosure policy here.
I know I say it time and time again, but folks, I can only tell you about the things that work in my own life. And THIS works.
I use any outlet I can to talk to my kids about Jesus.
I tie the New Year to how we have a new life through Christ. Valentines to the love that the Savior has for us. And St. Patricks Day as a reminder of the mission that we have to share Christ- just as St. Patrick did.
This year, you guys can join in on the fun too with this St Patricks Day craft! It brings the focus of the holiday back to Jesus, and It’s just plain fun to make.
It’s a simple, easy craft that the whole family can participate in making, or each kid can make their own. I love simple. Honestly, if it’s too complicated it’s just never gonna get done!
Supplies for the Treasures in Heaven St. Patrick’s Day Project
Most of the supplies for this St. Patrick’s Day paper plate craft are probably already in your kitchen! But you might want to grab the rainbow-colored yarns and some construction paper on Amazon now so that you can do the craft in a couple of days. That’s how I tend to roll.
- 1 Paper plate
- rainbow-colored yarns – 12 inches of each color
- yellow construction paper
- black marker
- hole puncher
There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover!Patrick: Patron Saint of IrelandThe Story of Saint Patrick’s DaySt. Patrick’s Day
Instruction for the Treasures in Heaven St Patricks Day Craft for Kids
I’ve written out all of the instructions to make our St. Patrick’s Day project, but you can also just grab the PDF at the end of this post and print it out for your convenience!
- Cut a paper plate in half.
- Draw a cloud shape with one half and a pot with the other half.
- Cut these shapes out and color the pot black.
- Hole punch the top of the pot and the bottom of the cloud with 6 holes, one for each color of the rainbow.
- Take a piece of yellow construction paper and fold it in half 3 times. Trace a circle onto the paper and cut it out (keeping the paper folded).
- While keeping the circles together, punch a hole at the top and the bottom of the yellow circle.
- Use a marker to write the Bible verse on the yellow circles. “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven” you can even add Matthew 6:20 to the cloud.
- Measure out 12 inches of each color yarn. It is important that all strands are the same length to assure they will be even once knotted.
- Turn the cloud and pot over to the back. Starting with the first hole on the right, thread the red yarn into the pot from the top to the bottom. Then thread the yarn into a yellow circle “But”, making a note to not cover the words. Then thread it back through the cloud- this time going from the bottom up.
- Put the loose ends together and tie them into a knot.
- Repeat this process with all of the other colored yarns and yellow circles.
- Arrange the knots so they are out of sight or tape them to the back. A bit of tape can also be used to make the yellow circles stay put or let them move around the yarns.
Your Treasures in Heaven St Patricks Day Craft is complete!
If each child makes their own, you can hang them up on the bedroom doors as a reminder. If you only make one as a family, display it on a door or window of the main floor. The best part about hanging things on windows is you don’t have to worry about tape damage! Kids love to see their craft projects on display and show them to visitors too, so it’s an opportunity to talk about Jesus.
You simply print the PDF with supplies and instructions for the Saint Patrick’s Day craft here!
If you need more Christian St. Patrick’s Day craft ideas or a fun St. Patrick’s Day project, head over here to Pinterest to see more!
Are you a homeschool mom looking for camaraderie and support from other homeschool moms? Maybe you’re just looking for new resources? Either way, you’re invited to join our Facebook Group Fervent Christian Homeschoolers for more!
Don’t forget to sign up for our email list to always have a heads up on our new Kid’s Activities and Homeschool Resources!