I know I say it time and time again, but folks, I can only tell you about the things that work in my own life. And THIS works.
I use any outlet I can to talk to my kids about Jesus.
I tie the New Year to how we have a new life through Christ. Valentines to the love that the Savior has for us. And St. Patricks Day as a reminder of the mission that we have to share Christ- just as St. Patrick did.
This year, you guys can join in on the fun too with this St Patricks Day craft!
It’s a simple, easy craft that the whole family can participate in making, or each kid can make their own.
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make the Treasures in Heaven St Patricks Day Craft craft:
- 1 Paper plate
- rainbow colored yarns – 12 inches of each color
- yellow construction paper
- black marker
- hole puncher
Treasures in Heaven St Patricks Day Craft Instructions:
- Cut a paper plate in half.
- Draw a cloud shape with one half and a pot with the other half.
- Cut these shapes out & color the pot black.
- Hole punch the top of the pot & bottom of the cloud with 6 holes, one for each color of the rainbow.
- Take a piece of yellow construction paper and fold it in half 3 times. Trace a circle onto the paper & cut it out (keeping the paper folded).
- While keeping the circles together, punch a hole at the top and the bottom of the yellow circle.
- Use a marker to write the Bible verse on the yellow circles. “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven” you can even add Matthew 6:20 to the cloud.
- Measure out 12 inches of each color yarn. It is important that all strands are the same length to assure they will be even once knotted.
- Turn the cloud and pot over to the back. Starting with the first hole on the right, thread the red yarn into the pot from the top to the bottom. Then thread the yarn into a yellow circle “But”, making a note to not cover the words. Then thread it back through the cloud- this time going from the bottom up.
- Put the loose ends together and tie into a knot.
- Repeat this process with all of the other colored yarns and yellow circles.
- Arrange the knots so they are out of sight or tape them to the back. A bit of tape can also be used to make the yellow circles stay put or let them move around the yarns.
- Your Treasures in Heaven St Patricks Day Craft is complete!
If you need more resources for celebrating St Patricks Day, head over here to Pinterest to see more!
Are you a homeschool mom looking for camaraderie and support from other homeschool moms? Maybe you’re just looking for new resources? Either way, you’re invited to join our Facebook Group Fervent Christian Homeschoolers for more!
Don’t forget to sign up for our email list to always have a heads up on our new Kid’s Activities and Homeschool Resources!