Fear, worry, doubt, panic, anxiety; they are strong and heavy emotions that we all have faced before. For some, overcoming fear comes easy. But for others, it seems like the weight of these feelings can become completely overwhelming, almost causing a virtual suffocation.
I’ve been there, where it seems like you’re drowning in your thoughts and it’s as though you’re completely overpowered with defeat. An intangible struggle that only delivers a complete breakdown of your faculties. But the good news? When we don’t have the power in ourselves to overcome fear, we have a God who does.
I’ve shared with you many times about the power of speaking scripture over your life. Turning scripture into prayers is two-fold; you are consistently studying, speaking Christ’s word over your life and being bold through His truths. You can never fail when you’re using God’s word as a marker to live by!
1. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. – 2 Timothy 1:7
2. Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. – Isaiah 41:10
3. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. – 1 John 4:18
4. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? – Psalms 27:1
5. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. – Psalms 56:3-4
6. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. – Romans 8:15
7. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident. – Psalms 27:3
8. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. – Psalms 23:4
9. Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. – Deuteronomy 31:6
10. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. – Psalms 34:4
When we can’t overcome fear, we have a God who can! Use these scriptures to help overcome fear! ” quote=”When we can’t overcome fear, we have a God who can! Use these scriptures to help overcome fear!
In efforts to help you continue to live resolutely through the scriptures for overcoming fear, we’ve created a six-page FREE printable just for you! The first four pages are decorative scripture prints that you can place in frames around your home, the other two are scripture reminder cards to place around your home as a reminder of the promises of God to help you overcome fear!
Whatever life throws at you, know that Christ has provided a way of escape. His love has shown us time and time again that He knows and He cares. Print these scriptures out and use them as that lamp unto your feet and light unto your path. Stand in faith, and courage, that God is on your side!